An ear infection, also known as acute otitis media, is an infection of the middle ear, the air-filled space behind the eardrum that contains the tiny vibrating bones of the ear. (www.mayoclinic.org)
Some of the symptoms of ear infection include:
- Having a lack of energy
- Experiencing pain inside the ear and high temperature
- Feeling of pressure or fullness inside the ear
- Having difficulty hearing and discharge running out of the ear
- Experiencing itch and irritation in and around the ear and scaly skin in and around the ear
Here’s what you can do to treat it:
- Take painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen.
- Clean any discharge by wiping the ear with cotton wool.
- Place a warm or cold flannel on the ear.
Seek urgent medical care in Ohio if your condition worsens
Before the infection can lead to complications, it is significant to get urgent care in Toledo, Ohio right away.
Here at Acute Urgent Care Inc., we offer preventive services, primary care, urgent care, and other healthcare services to patients of all ages. The good thing is that our treatments and evaluations are provided by general medical practitioners and family medicine doctors.